Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Family Eyes!

I have come to the conclusion that I will not be having a child out of my body. For many reasons this is an absolute fact. One reason being I am blessed as the aunt of three beautiful children created by my sister and brother-in-law. I feel like the genes I share with my sister also run through my niece and nephew and there is no need for more... My parenthood will consist of ideally two adopted children. One made in my partner's belly and one created by someone else in the US who is not in a place to raise a child but will bless us with the most amazing responsibility. My true belief is that family, human connection and love is what you make of it.

Nurture
Environment
Teaching
Learning
Being 

I take great pride in family, immediate and distant. It is a treat to have three children close to me who do share a few genes. It's fun to watch them grow, see the physical family resemblances and differences. Here is an example of family resemblance. 

It's all in the eyes!


No comments:

Post a Comment