Thursday, August 25, 2011

Mesmerizing Garden Spider

Yesterday while I was out creating my most recent self portrait I came across this most incredible Mother Nature creation! This is a female Argiope aurantia, otherwise known as a Black & Yellow Garden Spider. We have a garlic chive that blossoms every year at this time and this is just where I found this intriguing spider... 


In my research last night I found out that the Argiope aurantia species is known for their web creations. This morning when I woke one of the first things I thought of was my new friend out in the garden. When I rounded the corner I found her circling and dipping her hind-end every couple of seconds. As I got closer and focused my eyes I saw her starting her new web of the day! I couldn't stop staring... and staring! I had to remind myself to breathe.


These photographs are taken when she appears to be finished with her web... I will keep an eye on her throughout the day to see what she does next. She looks hungry!!!

...Waiting patiently...

Can you see something in the background?

No comments:

Post a Comment