Thursday, November 5, 2009

My photographic exploration!

It's true I'm on a treck to find out just what my style of photography is at this point in my life. One of my classmates nailed me the other day when I sent him an image to critique... He asked "what does this mean to you?" Ah, ah, duh... was my internal thought which resulted in a couple days of complete frustration while I frantically tryed to figure out that question. And finally the answer is... I need to dive into my work even deeper than I ever have before!

In my research of photographers and works that I love I have found that I needed to add to my software filters. Thank you to Richard Cornelius, a fellow RMSP '09 SI grad and his most amazing photographic skills some of my troubles were helped immensely. (Please look up Richard's work, you will all be very impressed!) He has like interests in subjects and also post editing. Without him I would still be scratching my head and asking myself, how do they do that? Thank you from the bottom of my heart Richard, you have saved me.

These are a few photographs that came out of a shoot a handful of RMSP students went to capture, including Richard who nailed it and made one of the most beautiful and original art works I've ever seen!

If you're wondering just how did I create this work here you go... First off, I went to the best photography school in the USA, possibly the world. (Yes that's my opinion but seriously if you go you will think the same thing!) Second I used Lightroom and Photoshop CS4 to capture the global edits that I needed. Lastly I used the Topaz Adjust filter made by Topaz Labs to create the final edit look and feel that you see bellow. I hope you enjoy them as much as I did while creating them every single step of the way!





To the local Missoula skaters and wonderful models, thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment