Friday, July 30, 2010

Family Play Time

Family and kiddo photo shoots are proving to be some of my favorite types of photography yet and here are just a few reasons why...

• Being a kid a heart I completely relate to the kiddo's
• I get to witness the parent / child relationships
• I get to play with both the parents and the kids and help everyone including myself to forget about the stressors in life!
• I get to know the kids and parents on a different level and vice-versa
• I get to watch the transition of my subjects through the shoot as they get comfortable with the paparazzi (me) following them everywhere
• When the kids don't feel like 'cooperating' with the parents, making them frustrated, I get to add suggestions like, "Let's just go with the flow and see what happens!"
• When I get word from the parents after we part from the photo shoot that the kids ask about me and or express their excitement about the photo experience my heart is completely filled with happiness and joy!


Mattie (Mom) and I grew up together in the Wood River Valley.We have not seen each other since we were 12-13 years of age. She got a hold of me last September after I graduated from Photography School asking if I would photograph her family. We finally connected this summer and I couldn't have been more pleased with her three beautiful kiddo's. Funny how roughly 18 years pass by and Mattie is just as sweet of a person as ever. Thank you all for the great times!
















This photograph is one of my favorites! 
Four shadows of the family plus mine and the baby of the family taking off up the hill, done and done!!!



1 comment:

  1. Looks like it was a lot of fun SAC! I'll bet the family will LOVE them!

    ReplyDelete